I suppose everybody will have their own list of the people who rock the world of knives. For me the "RockStars of KnifeMaking" as I like to think of them, are those people who make a definitive contribution to the Art. People who have made or are making a difference. These are people I'm impressed with, not necessarily because they make great knives, but because in my view they are great people.
I know 4 of these people but I also know that there are many more out there. I would like site visitors to suggest those others, and I hope that over the next few months will be able to publish a bio about them. I am doing this because I want to see their efforts formally acknowledged, at the very least on Knives.com and perhaps also on a wider stage. Because the RockStars Of KnifeMaking don't always get the credit they deserve.
The RockStars Of KnifeMaking should have at least some of the following attributes in my view.
- They should be unselfish, decent human beings without being saints.
- They should have a desire to make the world of knives a better place.
- They should be doing their best to bring up the next generation in the Art.
- They should foster innovation and enquiry into new technologies.
- They should be working to keep the old methods alive and vibrant.
- They should have an unbridled enthusiasm for Knives.